- 1 (12-ounce) block firm tofu
- 2 ounces French green beans (haricots verts)
- 1 apple, cored
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 Romaine lettuce leaves
Recipe adapted from Satoshi Iida, Doraku Restaurant, Kyoto, Japan
- Cut block of tofu into halves lengthwise. Place on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels and a heavy skillet. Let stand 30 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- Place green beans in boiling water and cook 1 minute. Remove from water and place in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Pat dry and cut into 1/4-inch dice. Dice apples and place in a bowl of salted water so they won’t brown.
- Combine drained tofu, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and mustard in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Drain apples and combine with green beans and tofu mixture. Stir well. Spoon into Romaine leaves and place on salad plates.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: