- 2 1/2 pounds ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to mix well. Transfer to a roasting pan. Roast 1 hour, until tomatoes are blackened.
- Transfer to a food processor. Process until well blended.
Recipe courtesy of St. Olaf College's STOWGROW.