- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup 2 percent low-fat milk
Recipe by Greg Patent.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in walnuts.
- For cake, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter with a mixer at medium speed about 30 seconds or until smooth. Gradually add sugar and beat 3 to 4 minutes or until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla and bananas and beat until well blended. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing after each addition only until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake about 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: