- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark rum, divided
- 4 medium bananas, cut in half lengthwise, then halved
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, divided into 4 scoops
- Combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a flambe pan or skillet. Place over low heat and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in 1/2 cup rum, then place bananas in the pan. When banana sections soften and begin to brown, carefully add remaining rum.
- Continue to cook until rum is hot, then ignite if desired. When the flames subside, lift bananas out of pan and place four pieces over each scoop of ice cream. Spoon warm sauce over top and serve immediately.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: