- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons, milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 to 4 cups unhulled sesame seeds
Recipe by Paulette Licitra.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar and smooth. Add eggs one at a time and incorporate. Add 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla; mix to combine. Sift together flour and baking powder and add to the wet ingredients. Mix to combine; don't overmix. Knead dough lightly to pull it together.
- Place remaining milk in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle most of the sesame seeds on a long piece of waxed paper or in a pie tin. Pinch off a small dollop of dough and shape into a small log. Dip in the milk and roll in sesame seeds completely covering log. Place on a cookie sheet. Continue with all the dough.
- Bake in the center of the oven about 30 minutes until golden brown.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: