- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped black walnuts (or English walnuts)
- Beat egg yolks and sugar with electric mixer until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine cream and milk in a medium saucepan; heat over medium-high heat until tiny bubbles form around the edge of pan (about 180F,) stirring often. Add one-third of the hot milk mixture to egg mixture, stirring with a whisk; slowly add mixture back to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into canister of ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. During the last few minutes of churning, add black walnuts. Serves 9.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: