- 3 cups ripe, fresh blackberries rinsed and drained
- 5 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 box pectin for freezer jam (canning sections of supermarkets)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place berries in a large bowl. Add sugar and toss well. Let stand about 15 minutes. Stir often.
- Combine pectin and water in a small saucepan; stir until pectin dissolves. Place over medium to high heat; bring to a boil and boil 1 minute.
- Add pectin to berries and stir about 3 minutes.
- Pour jam mixture into clean canning jars, leaving about ½ inch headspace. Add lids to each. Let stand at room temp 18 to 24 hours and then freeze until ready to use. Makes about 7 cups.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: