- Vegetable cooking oil spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup corn or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 10-inch round baking pan or heavy oven-proof skillet with cooking oil.
- Sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, stir baking soda into buttermilk. Whisk in sugar, egg and oil.
- Place skillet over medium heat, add butter and heat until butter melts and starts to sizzle. Carefully tilt pan to coat sides and bottom.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; combine quickly, using as few strokes as possible. Scrape batter into pan; bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool a few moments, and slice into 8 wedges to serve.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: