- 6 cups bite-size broccoli florets and stems peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/4 cup diced, drained jarred roasted red pepper, patted dry
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
Recipe by Jean Kressy
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a 10-inch round gratin dish with cooking spray.
- Steam broccoli in steamer rack over boiling water 4 minutes or until bright green and tender. Arrange broccoli in gratin dish and top with chicken and red pepper.
- In medium saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add flour , cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Add milk and broth; cook, whisking almost constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat so mixture bubbles gently; cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in nutmeg, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Pour over gratin.
- In a small skillet, melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter; add bread crumbs and mix to combine. Sprinkle over gratin. Bake 10 minutes or until bubbling hot.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: