- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups 2 percent low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked chopped chicken (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
Recipe by Jean Kressy
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and mushrooms; sauté 6 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth and milk; increase heat, cook, stirring often, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, peas and chicken. Spoon into 13-by-9-inch baking dish or shallow 3-quart casserole dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pie dough to about 1-inch larger than baking dish. Place over top of filling; fold edges under to make a hem and press down with fork. Cut vents on top and brush with egg yolk mixture. Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: