- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound slender, Asian eggplant, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch triangular pieces
- 2 ounces ground pork
- 2 teaspoons grated, peeled fresh gingerroot
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (optional)
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet until hot. Add eggplant; stir-fry 5 minutes. Remove eggplant and set aside.
- Place pork, ginger, 3 tablespoons water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and chili sauce in pan; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add eggplant. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon water with cornstarch; mix well. Add to pan and cook 2 minutes or until thick. Add sesame oil, if using. Serve hot.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: