- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.
- Whisk half-and-half, sugar, malted milk powder, cocoa powder and chopped chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Whisk half the cocoa mixture into eggs. Whisk this mixture back into remaining cocoa mixture.
- Reduce heat to very low. Whisk constantly until mixture thickens slightly and coats back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in cream, vanilla and salt.
- Pour into large container, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days. Pour mixture into the canister of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: