- 1/2 cup grated orange rind
- 4 cups fresh tangerine, clementine or orange juice (about 8 oranges)
- 16 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole (8-10 lb.) turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
Recipe by Ted Cizma
- Combine all marinade ingredients in disposable aluminum roasting pan large enough to hold the turkey and deep enough to allow the marinade to rise high enough to coat about half the turkey. Rinse turkey well and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight, turning turkey several times to evenly marinate.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Remove turkey from marinade and place in a roasting pan. Strain marinade, reserving solids and liquid. Stuff solids into the cavity of turkey. Pour liquid around turkey in pan. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350F and continue roasting, basting turkey every 30 minutes with pan juices, until internal temperature reaches 180F on a meat thermometer, about 15 to 20 minutes per pound. Let turkey stand 10 minutes before carving.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: