- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (6-ounces) shredded Comté cheese
Recipe by Nancy Vienneau.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Rub mustard over pie crust. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Prick crust with a fork. Line with wax paper or aluminum foil, add dry beans or pie weights, and bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften and caramelize, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper; whisk until well blended. Sprinkle cheese over bottom of crust. Pour in egg mixture. Spoon onions over egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until custard is set and top is golden brown
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: