- 1 1/2 cups 2-percent reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 ounces Comte cheese, grated
- 2 ounces Romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 6 muffin cups with cooking spray. Coat each cup with cornmeal.
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add cornmeal, salt and pepper; whisk well. Cook until thick, about 5 minutes. Gradually stir a small amount of hot cornmeal mixture into egg yolks; add back to remaining cornmeal mixture stirring constantly. Let cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites and cheeses into cornmeal mixture. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups. Bake 40 minutes, or until browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with jam.
- To prepare jam, place peppers, raisins and vinegar in food processor. Pulse a few times until mixture is chunky.
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Comte Cheese Spoon Breads with Roasted Pepper Raisin Jam on Relish.com