- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 pound head cabbage
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pint shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups leftover shredded cooked chicken or pork or roughly chopped
- 2 cups mung bean or alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- Combine soy, mirin and rice vinegar in a small bowl and let stand at least 10 minutes to allow flavors to come together.
- Shred cabbage using the slcing bade of a box grater.
- Heat sesame and vegetable oils in a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat until just beginning to smoke. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes. You may also add leftover chicken, pork or shrimp at this point (optional). Add cabbage and cook 2 minutes. Add sprouts, sesame seeds and half the soy mixture and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl or platter.
- To serve, spoon vegetable mixture into a lettuce leaf, garnish with green onions and roll like a burrito. Use remaining soy mixture as dip as needed. Serves 4 as entree or 8 as appetizer.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: