- 5 cups whole milk (or any combination of whole and 2% low-fat milk)
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
—Recipe by Jill Melton
- Combine 4 cups milk, rice and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Whisk egg yolks and about 1/2 cup of hot milk mixture. Whisk back into pan with remaining 1 cup milk.
- Place over medium heat and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Cool, and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: