- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces feta cheese or combination of goat and feta cheeses
- 1/2 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 12 ounces cooked short pasta (such as gemelli or penne)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano (optional)
For a complete menu featuring Fresh Summer Casserole, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add tomatoes and sauté over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Add chopped garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Combine ricotta, feta and milk in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Add cooked pasta, tomatoes, zucchini, cheese mixture and basil; stir gently.
- Transfer to a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle butter evenly over top. Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano, if using. Cover and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: