- Kosher salt for salting water
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh French-style green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 cup ripe grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by Marge Perry and David Bonom.
- Bring a large pot of water and salt to a boil. Add green beans and cook until al dente, about 3 minutes.
- Remove green beans and plunge immediately into a large bowl of ice water. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and sugar and cook until just beginning to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Stir in green beans, vinegar, marjoram and basil and cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: