- 1/3 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 slice pumpernickel bread
- 1 leaf red leaf lettuce
- 4 slices cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 slice red onion, thinly sliced
- Combine the plain Greek nonfat yogurt, garlic, parsley, thyme, and oregano in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the yogurt-herb mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, coat the chicken on all sides with the remaining yogurt-herb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Coat a nonstick grill pan with canola oil cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken about 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the reserved yogurt-herb mixture on the bread. Place the lettuce and chicken on top.
- Spread the remaining yogurt-herb mixture over the chicken and top with the cucumber and onion.
Recipe courtesy of Keri Glassman
Videos You Might Also Like
The recipe was originally published as Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Herbed Yogurt Spread on Relish.com