- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh mint, stems removed, plus more for garnish
- 6 ounces haloumi, drained
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into small wedges
- 1/3 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Reduced balsamic vinegar
- Flaky sea salt (like Maldon)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by Camille Styles
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add mint leaves, and cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain out leaves and discard; store oil at room temperature in an opaque container up to 1 week
- Slice haloumi into 1/3-inch slices. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high, brush the grate with olive oil, and grill haloumi about 2 minutes on each side (until heated through and grill marks show.)
- Place arugula on a platter, then top with watermelon wedges and grilled haloumi, slightly overlapping. Lightly drizzle the mint oil over everything.
- Sprinkle pistachios and fresh mint leaves over top, drizzle generously with reduced balsamic and season with sea salt and pepper.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: