- 4 heads romaine lettuce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese or crumbles blue cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (375F).
- Season romaine leaves with salt and pepper; drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill romaine heads over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until wilted. Cut off bottom ends and serve with crumbled bacon and cheese, if desired.
Note: This is also fabulous if you omit the bacon and just serve with shaved Parmesan. Use 1 tablespoon olive oil on each romaine head.
Recipe by Alison Lewis