- 3 small yellow squash
- 2 medium red onions
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 small (6-inch) rounds pizza dough (1 recipe Pizza Dough, linked below)
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon each fresh parsley, thyme and rosemary
Note: Try our favorite Pizza Dough recipe, perfect for grilling.
- Cut squash into diagonal slices. Cut onions and tomatoes into thick slices. Brush with olive oil.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place vegetables on grill grate over a medium-high heat (use a grill basket if you like); cook about 5 minutes, until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
- Place pizza stone on grill. When hot, place dough rounds on stone. Cook about 5 minutes, until bottom is golden. Flip crusts over.
- Place sausage on top of each crust. Top with grilled vegetables and cheese. Sprinkle fresh herbs on top. Cover grill. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, until bottoms are browned and toppings are thoroughly heated. Makes 6 pizzas.