- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (5-ounce) halibut (or cod) fillets
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat, add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add breadcrumbs, tarragon, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Place halibut on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Combine mayonnaise and horseradish; spread over each fillet. Top with crumbs, patting lightly to help them adhere. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish is tender and crumbs are golden.
Toast this gorgeous dish with a glass of sparkling wine from Spain, such as Segura Viudas Brut Reserva ($10),
which offers citrusy notes that will mesh well with the lemony angle in this dish. —Wini Moranville, Relish wine columnist
Videos You Might Also Like