- 2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons pitted, chopped kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds flank or sirloin steak
- 1 (1-pound) round loaf (boule) Italian or French bread
- 4 thin slices provolone cheese
- 2 ounces arugula
Recipe by Chris Chamberlain
- Heat grill.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, basil, red onion, vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl.
- Place steaks on grill over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, to desired doneness, turning once. Place on cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
- Slice bread horizontally. Grill, cut side down, until surface is crisp and golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place cheese on bottom slice of bread. Top with tomato mixture, steak and arugula. Top with remaining bread. Slice into wedges.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: