- 3 pounds boneless lean lamb, cut in 1-inch cubes, or lamb stew meat
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups onion, vertically sliced
- 4 cups carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons country Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leave
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 cans (14-ounce) lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups dried apricots, quartered
- Chopped fresh mint
—Recipe by Jean Kressy
- In a large plastic bag, combine lamb and flour; toss well. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb, in batches, and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer to a large slow cooker.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, add onion and carrots, and cook 4 minutes. Add to slow cooker. Add mustard, thyme, salt, pepper, broth and apricots to slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until lamb is tender. Garnish with chopped mint.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: