- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons diced ginger, divided
- 1/2 cup leek, white part only, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked, cold jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 fried eggs
- 1 -- green onion, sliced on diagonal
- -- Chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (optional)
- Heat oil in a wok; add 2 tablespoons ginger and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside, reserving oil.
- Return oil to pan; reheat over medium heat. Add leek and sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon ginger; cook 2 minutes. Add rice; stir-fry until slightly colored, about 4 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook 2 minutes. Place fried eggs on top of rice. Scatter green onion, chopped tomato and fried ginger on top. Drizzle with sesame oil, if using.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.