- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon, 1 lime and 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon, 1 lime and 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (14-ounce) cans hearts of palm, rinsed, drained, blotted dry and sliced into 1/3-inch thick rings
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 celery stalks, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 orange, sectioned and diced
- 1 grapefruit, preferably red, sectioned and chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Salad greens, spinach, spring mix, or 8 whole romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and coarsely chopped
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well.
- To prepare salad, combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour vinaigrette over top and toss well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- To serve, place greens on 8 individual salad plates. Spoon hearts of palm mixture on top. (If using romaine, place a spoonful of salad at the end of each leaf and serve one leaf per person.) Garnish with avocado.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: