- 2 (13-ounce) tubes refrigerated Italian pizza or bread dough
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (8-ounce) pre-shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese (2 cups)
- 1 package (12-ounce) pre-cooked frozen cocktail-size Italian meatballs (or regular size, cut in half)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara or spicy Arrabiatta sauce
Recipe by Sharon Sanders
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Coat a 14-inch round pizza pan with no-stick spray.
- Carefully unroll each tube of dough into a rough rectangle. Place one dough piece into the pan. Snip off the points and press extra dough into bare spots to cover the bottom of the pan. On the work surface, snip the points on the second piece of dough and press to form a rough circle.
- Brush dough in the pan with the egg mixture. Sprinkle on half of the cheese. Top with meatballs. Drizzle on 1 cup of sauce. Top with remaining cheese. Cover with dough circle. Pinch edges to seal. Brush with the egg mixture. Pierce top several times with a small sharp knife.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling through the dough slits. Serve calzone with remaining sauce at the table.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: