- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- Decorating sugar, silver dragees (small silver balls), optional
—Recipe courtesy of the American Dairy Farmers
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and sugar in bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, ricotta, lemon extract, zest and juice; blend well.
- Add 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt; blend to combine. Add remaining flour in two parts, blending to combine, until a dough forms.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until very light golden. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for a few minutes and transfer to wire cooling rack.
- While cookies cool, prepare glaze by creaming together butter and sugar. Continue to mix, gradually adding juice until desired consistency. Decorate cooled cookies adding dragees or decorating sugar, if desired, before icing sets.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: