- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, unseasoned breadcrumbs can be subsituted
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, about 1/4-inch thick
- 6 slider rolls, lightly toasted to taste
- 6 slices of fresh, ripe tomato, about 1/2-inch thick
- Place turkey, breadcrumbs, basil, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using clean hands, combine all ingredients until well mixed. Divide mixture into 12 equal balls. Place on paper towel or sheet pan, evenly spaced. Using the back of a flat metal spatula, flatten each ball into a patty about 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick.
- Place mozzarella slices on 6 patties. Layer another patty on top of cheese. Press edges of patties together, fully encasing cheese inside. Gently reform stuffed patties so they have flat cooking surfaces.
- Set patties on a hot grill or pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook to desired doneness.
- Place patties on slider rolls and top with tomato slices. Finish with top bun and secure in place with long toothpick or hors d’oeuvres skewer. Serve warm.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: