- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon finely minced, peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced orange rind
- 1/3 cup mild olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together yogurt, 1 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, ginger, orange rind and oil. Slowly stir in flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake about 50 minutes, until a cake tester placed in the center of loaf comes out clean.
- Place 1/4 cup fresh orange juice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a small saucepan. Heat until sugar dissolves.
- When cake is done, let cool in pan 10 minutes. Place cake on a wire rack over a sheet pan. While cake is warm, poke holes in top, pour orange mixture over cake, allowing to soak in.
- Combine powdered sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice, stirring until smooth. When cake is cool, drizzle glaze over top of cake.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: