- Cooking oil spray
- 2 (14-ounce) tubs extra-firm tofu
- 1 large navel orange, zest and sections
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup white or light miso
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine) or sweet sherry
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Cayenne or hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking oil.
- Drain tofu. Cut each block of tofu in 4 slabs, each about the size and shape of a deck of cards. Place tofu in prepared pan.
- Grate rind from orange, then remove and discard the white fibrous portion just under the rind. Halve the orange, pick out seeds and place fruit and rind in the processor with all remaining ingredients. Process until smooth. Pour over tofu in baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove pan, and, using tongs, turn over tofu pieces, then spoon a bit of sauce onto each. Bake about 20 minutes longer or until tofu is golden brown and there is very little glaze left. Let cool slightly, then stir browned bits around the pan edges into remaining glaze. Serve, dividing remaining glaze among the servings.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: