- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 pounds extra-firm tofu (not silken), drained and cut into 20 (1/4-inch thick) slices
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger (about 2 ounces), peeled and minced
- 1 red Thai chiles, sliced in half lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sake (rice wine)
Recipe by Corinne Trang.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and fry until golden and crisp, about 6 minutes. Flip and fry the other side, about 6 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-line plate.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small saucepan and stir-fry green onions, ginger and chiles until wilted, about 1 minute. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil and sake in a bowl, and stir in the stir-fried herbs.
- Serve tofu, overlapping the rectangular slices, topped with the sauce.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: