- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 pound finely shredded aged Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Kosher salt (optional)
Recipe by Charmin Christie
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl or food processes with a dough hook, cream butter until soft. Gradually blend in cheese and pecans.
- Gradually add seasoned flour, working gin well after each addition.
- Divide dough in half. Form into logs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill until firm. If baking later, freeze shaped dough and defrost slightly before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Slice dough 1/4 inch think and place slightly apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan at once and cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with kosher salt if desired. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to a week, or freeze up to a month.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: