- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, slivered
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 to 5 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
Recipe courtesy of Seeds from Italy (growitalian.com).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until soft, but not browned. Add peppers, zucchini, garlic and water. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes, until the mixture is thick and shiny. Serves 8.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: