- 6 cups peeled and thinly sliced Granny Smith apples (about 3 large)
- 1 1/2 cups plus 5 tablespoons, granulated sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Recipe by Carolyn Wyman.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease, sugar and flour a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- Combine apple slices with 5 tablespoons granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs with remaining granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add vegetable oil, orange juice and vanilla; beat well. Gradually blend in flour mixture and mix until well blended (about one minute).
- Pour one third of the batter into the pan. Top with half the apple slices, draining off any liquid. Pour in half the remaining batter and top with remaining apple slices. Top with remaining batter, making sure the apples are covered.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until the top turns golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan. Turn out onto a wire rack and let cool completely
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: