- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces lean ham, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 8 cups peeled and coarsely chopped potatoes (russets or Yukon golds, about 3 pounds)
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 cup beer
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Gruyère cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add ham, onion and carrot. Sauté 5 to 10 minutes. Cook, covered, 10 minutes. Add potatoes and broth; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Pour half the soup into a food processor and process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Add beer and cheese and cook until cheese melts. Add milk until desired consistency is reached.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: