- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch kosher salt
Recipe by Meredith Steele of In Sock Monkey Slippers
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast pine nuts until golden.
- In a large bowl, combine pine nuts, lamb, egg, raisins, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal parts. With your hands, create 4 burger-size patties
- Place burgers on a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Sear 4 minutes. With a spatula, flip burgers and cook an additional 4 minutes for a medium to medium-well burger. For a medium-rare burger, cook burgers 3 minutes on each side.
- Slice ciabatta rolls in half. Toast buns in a toaster or under the broiler until golden.
- For mint sauce: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place a lamb burger on a ciabatta bun and spoon mint yogurt sauce on top. Add a few arugula leaves and slices of tomato if desired.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: