- 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 cups short-grained risotto rice (such as Arborio)
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends removed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 very thin slices Prosciutto di Parma, julienned
For a complete menu featuring Risotto with Prosciutto and Asparagus, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
- Bring broth to a simmer over medium heat.
- Combine oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add rice; cook 5 minutes, stirring to coat well. Add 1 cup broth; cook, stirring constantly, until absorbed. Continue adding broth by small ladlefuls, stirring constantly and allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding more, until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite and creamy, about 20 minutes in all. Add asparagus during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmigiano, remaining butter and salt.
- Divide risotto among 4 pasta bowls, top each serving with Prosciutto, and let it “wilt” over hot rice. Serve immediately.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: