- 2 cups butternut squash cubes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large Portobello mushroom caps, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 2 cups vegetable juice (such as V8)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked wheat berries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pepper jack cheese, lime wedges, tortilla chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place squash, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms and onion on a baking sheet. Combine oil and 1 teaspoon cumin; drizzle over vegetables; toss coat. Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes, until tender and slightly charred, stirring once. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large stockpot, stir together vegetable juice, water, remaining 1 ½ teaspoons cumin, chili powder and garlic. Bring chili to a boil. Add roasted vegetables, beans, wheat berries, salt and pepper; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Garnish with cheese, lime wedges and tortilla chips.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: