- 2 cups dried runner cannellini beans (6 cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Recipe courtesy of Rancho Gordo.
- Soak beans in cold water 4 hours until they swell and expand.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; sauté until tender. Stir in beans, and add enough water to cover by about 3 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 hours or until beans are tender, adding water as necessary to keep beans covered. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Add red onion, bell pepper, garlic, oregano and tomato; stir. Add olive oil, vinegar and salt. Toss gently.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: