- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (6-ounce) cans reduced-sodium tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons coarse mustard
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -- (4-pound) boneless pork butt
- 10 hamburger buns
- Mix all ingredients, except pork and buns, in a 5- or 6-quart slow-cooker; add pork and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low until tender, about 8 hours.
- Remove meat; discard fat. Shred meat with 2 forks on a cutting board; stir back into sauce.
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.