- 3/4 cup bulgur
- Boiling water
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 green onions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
- Place bulgur in a large bowl and add enough boiling water to cover by about 1 inch. Let stand until bulgur is softened, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile steam beans in steamer basket over boiling water until barely tender, about 6 minutes. Cool under cold running water and drain well.
- Drain bulgur into a strainer and press down with a spoon to remove water.
- Combine bulgur, beans, parsley, green onions and feta in a large bowl.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over salad and mix gently with a large spoon. Makes about 5 cups.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: