- 1 1/2 ounces dried mulatto chile or pasilla, seeded
- 1 ounce dried guajillo chile, seeded
- 1/2 cup skinless peanuts
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (6-inch) corn tortilla, torn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ounces Mexican chocolate (Ibarra or Abuelita)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock
Recipe by Chef Jesus Gonzalez.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut chiles into big chunks. Place chiles, peanuts, almonds, cinnamon, sesame seeds and tortilla wedges on a baking sheet. Toast in oven 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add toasted nut mixture; sauté 5 minutes. Add chocolate, tomato sauce, salt and pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add stock; cook 20 minutes over low heat. Purée mixture in blender in three batches 3 to 4 minutes per batch. Return mole to saucepan and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: