- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, celery and leek and sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Add chicken broth, sun-dried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove thyme stems; discard. Purée soup in a blender until smooth. Return soup to pan and stir in milk, vinegar and pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: