- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped or grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped or grated white onion
- 3 ounces chopped lean ham
- 8 cups chopped potatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup beer
- 3 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces grated gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- In large pot, heat butter over medium until bubbly. Add carrot, onion and ham. Saute 5-10 minutes. Add potatoes and chicken stock, stir to combine. Simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- Put about half the soup in a blender and process until smooth. Add back to pot. Add beer, cheese and milk. Stir to combine. Enjoy!
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: