- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus more as needed
- 8 ounces lean beef, like a London broil cut, sliced into ¼-inch thick strips
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -- carrot, diced 1/4-inch
- 1/2 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups leftover white rice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- -- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil together; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced beef and sauté vigorously until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Remove and transfer, with pan juices to a plate; set aside.
- Bring the wok back to medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the wok. Add onions, carrots and mushrooms and sauté until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add peas to wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Push vegetables to outer sides of wok or skillet and heat another teaspoon of oil over medium-heat. Add egg and use a chopstick or fork to scramble.
- Add rice and remaining oil, plus more if rice is still too sticky, and stir fry vigorously to mix well and break up any large clumps of rice. Add cooked beef and juices back to the pan. Pour reserved soy sauce mixture over rice and stir well to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Add scallions, toss well and cook until is warmed again. Serve while still hot.
Recipe by Jennifer Perillo.