- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 6 ounces shredded Monterey Jack, Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 ounces grated Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook 2 minutes. Add milk and cook until sauce is thick, about 5 minutes. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in drained spinach. Set aside.
- Combine cottage cheese and shredded cheese.
- Spread small amount of spinach mixture over bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Top with a third of the spinach sauce and half the cheese mixture. Top with 3 more noodles, half the remaining sauce and the remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining noodles and sauce and sprinkle with Romano cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 to 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes, until slightly browned on top.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: