- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups cubed, roasted acorn or butternut squash
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups bread cubes (from sturdy loaves, like baguettes or sourdough)
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
—Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck
For a complete menu featuring Winter Squash and Onion Bread Pudding, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and sauté until soft. Combine roasted squash and onions in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with half-and-half, milk, sage, salt and pepper. Pour over squash mixture. Add bread, and toss until everything is well coated. Spoon into prepared pan and top with shredded cheese.
Bake 30 minutes, or until puffed but firm, and browned.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: